Self

My photo
Nod, Hinterlands
"To know, to will, to dare, to be silent."

Upcoming Events- All are Welcome

Upcoming Events- All are Welcome
Susurrus Din visits Dr. Chis Radio Horror Radio Horror Show, 91.3 WCUW Sunday, March 14th,12-2:30 am, Worcester, MA

~ Book Release ~

~ Book Release ~
Mendicant of the Hidden, Votary of the Sepulcher. A newly released work of dark poetry inspired by the Masters of the Macabre, Gothic Horror, Ancient Myth/Folklore and containing recent thanatological photography. Now available at Red Emma's, Minas Gallery, Read Street Books, Normals Books and Records,Baltimore Chop, Amazon, www.lulu.com, and www.etsy.com

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Angelicus Maleficus

Lame and with palsied limbs,
As the errant once more,
This rubicon I began.

To roam this mobius strip with its contours
Of ice and razors
Purged may I be by my labors.

No matter how the farther, I may seeketh to maunder,
Only to be cast before the same daemon,
Fettered in manacles of my own making.
Diabolical you are-
Travesty of my hunger, failings, and vice,
I am monstorous and must sacrifice.

Incorruptible by oath or penance,
I chanced to see if she were versed in vengeance!

And so raised that blade,
Sword of my conviction,
Cursed and keen,
And oh, my eye did such a maddened lilt,
As my fist coiled round that rugose hilt.

Wrought of my wrath and tempered by sedition,
‘twas this instrument of mine redemption.

This very one I was forever sharpening,
Yet dare not unsheathe,
Grew thirsty and thirstier still,
by garnered belief.

And lo, that thirst was dually staunched,
As I drove that cutting edge into the soft, scaly, underbelly of that hellion,
Sex and hoary haunch betwixt.
Undulant and surreptitious to the last,
I dispatched her hellward,
Giving that blade a
Savage,
Savage
Twist.

Then with my slaying hand still steamin’ red,
And my nemesis laid low as a babe in the bed.

At long last, I may begin to
Love,
casting my sights fugue-like to the ascendancy above.

No comments: